Private Residence, Isle of Wight
This private residence is situated at the eastern end of the village of St Helens, the listed property was originally built in 1842 and developed through the rest of that century into a large estate. At one time the building was occupied by Queen Victoria’s dentist. The current owner bought the property as a family home and has carried out a major, conservation led refurbishment of all the buildings on the estate including the greenhouses and the gardens.
Marbas were originally appointed to carry out the structural alterations in the main house, but the scope was expanded to include three other buildings on the site, the greenhouses and a complete new storm and foul water drainage system. The latter enabled the existing septic tank to be abandoned with the drainage pumped to a public sewer, thus removing discharge to the mill pond at the bottom of the site.
Due to be completed 2023.