The church of St. Hubert’s in Idsworth was built in the 11th century and contains medieval wall paintings dating from 1330. It stands aloft on the chalk down-land in splendid isolation because the village it served has now disappeared. Marbas were appointed to carry out a structural survey of the building, including the medieval bell tower as part of the quinquennial inspection carried out on behalf of the Diocese. On completion of the survey Marbas produced a report detailing our findings and the proposed repair works to the structure of the building.
Client: Private Client
Project Value: Undisclosed
Architect: Seymour and Bainbridge Architects Ltd